Navigation Page

Sunday 19 October 2014

Little Princess

Hi,

hope you all have a great day. It has been quite a month but will tell you everything in my next post. First thing first, would like to join the challenge from this two sites I really have respect for.
They are Once Upon A Sketch with this sketch and the theme "The women/girls in our lives"
and Scrap Around The World with this moodboard
and here's my sketch
It took me a while to figure out what to do with this layout. I did the background first without knowing what photos are going to be in it. Somehow, one day, the idea just hit me and voila!
For the wings I used Dylusions Ink Spray - Funky Fuchsia, Vibrant Turquoise, Crushed Grape and Bublegum Pink. For the background colors and also the flowers, I used Cosmic Shimmer H2O - Purple Violet, Crimson Sparkle and Summer Grass. For more details with the flowers I used Lumiere Acrylic Paint - Grape and Maya Gold Paint - Magenta, Rose and Emerald.
Here's more details...
The journal is about my little girl. The journal was saying, "Dream big dreams, play make believe,  chase fireflies, ride a unicorn, reach for the stars, always be my little princess."
It has been two years when she was born, she was so small couldn't do anything. And now, somehow she could understand almost everything that I said or asked her to do. But still, even years passed somehow in the future, no matter what, she'll always be my little princess.

Thank you Scrap Around The World and Once Upon A Sketch for this challenge.

Hugs,

Merry

7 comments:

  1. What an absolutely STUNNING background - it's a great feeling when you find 'that' photo that fits a bg, right??? LOOOVE the colour combo here & you've done a fabulous job with all that texture:) Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS this month!!! And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! great page; I love the background; thanks for playing with SATW

    ReplyDelete
  3. great WORK! Thank you for joining SATW this month

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the impact of the colours on the dark background! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning layout! So labor intensive. Love the colors and the background work. Awesome job. All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that background is absolutely stunning with the black and pops of neon colors! Wonderful way to showcase your mixed media techniques and all that details and textures. Thanks for joining us at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete